World Stroke Day 2022: Every year millions of people die due to stroke all over the world. There is a risk of stroke if there is a problem in the blood supply to a specific part of the brain. The symptoms of this disease depend on the part of the brain that is closed due to blood supply. Due to neurologic disorders, many types of problems start happening in the body, from which you can guess the stroke. If the warning of stroke is understood in time, then not only can life be saved, but the treatment of the disease is also possible. In the medical field, it is called ‘FAST’ in short cut. On the day of World Stroke Day 2022, let us know every information related to this disease.
What is ‘FAST’ in brain stroke?
If a person looks restless while laughing, feels tingling on one side of the face, or numbness in some part of the face, it can be a sign of a stroke risk. Sometimes the face looks crooked while laughing.
If a person feels numb or weak after lifting both the hands, then there may be a risk of stroke. Loss of balance between the hands and coming down are a sign of stroke.
If a person is having trouble speaking or is unable to pronounce any word properly, then this problem can be related to stroke. Give simple words to such a person and ask him to speak. If he is unable to speak, then understand that the problem is increasing.
T-time to call
Now if such signs are seen in any person, then call the health department and inform about it immediately. With this, that person can be saved in time. Apart from this, there are many other symptoms of stroke too.
Other symptoms of stroke
- weakness on one side
- vision problems or blurred vision
- numbness in any part of the body
- lack of control over the body
There are two types of stroke
1. Minor Stroke- When there is not enough blood supply to the brain, then the artillery bursts, this leads to a blood clot in any part of the brain, which is called minor stroke.
2. Major Stroke- When an artillery bursts, it bleeds in excess and gets deposited in some part of the brain. Due to this the brain is not able to work and problems start increasing.
due to stroke
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and gutka
- lack of cholesterol control
Change these habits if you want to avoid stroke
- do not drink alcohol
- avoid smoking tobacco
- Exercise, do not lack in any kind of exercise.
- Keep the diet balanced. Avoid saturated fat, salt, trans fat and high cholesterol
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, avoid using it less
read this also-
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )